04 February 2007
Back To Routine
Alrite... I'm back...

From the time of my last post to now, a lot of things have happened. Had my examz and then a super wonderful holiday back home in Malaysia. Have to thank my lovely circle of friends, who never left me alone at night, and my mom, who never left me alone when the sun was out and not forgetting my baby brother - one person that I hadn't been spending time with the past few years. Thanx for tagging along for our midnight cha sessions. Can't beleive my baby brother's aLL GROWN UP... Without them, there was no way on earth I'd be missing home so much now. OK. I know I kinda sound sad now... But who cares. I'm letting my FEELINGS out... hahahaha

Had a blast at samelan. Learned a lot this year. And it was cool to have a gori around. The attention i got doubled... hahahahaha... Just spoke like a true Leo. What a sucker....

Oh and also loved the mixed reaction I got from people with regards to my new look. I recently had the blessings of adorning my birthright crown - my dastaar. It really entertained me to watch people see me for the first time. Kinda comical really. A mixture of shock, amusement, awe, admiration, joy and of course the look - the 'have-I-gone-completely-mad' look. Hahahaha... was heaps fascinating.

For the past two years that I've been here in Australia, whenever there was a kirtan tour in Malaysia, I would sit here and sulk my weekend away and complain at the absence of tours when I was home. Well, I guess God got a bit fed up of listening to my whinging and yup I went on tour! Details available on Jagjit's Blog. I'm just a little too lazy to post the videos and pictures up here. Repetition ain't my thing. While still on the subject of Jagjit's Blog, please take some time to listen to the "Pick of the week" that's after all the tour pictures. Its a snippet from samelan. PKJ doing simran before the final programme. Its simply amazing.

Anyway, signing off for now. Take care everyone out there. Will try to be more disciplined and update the blog on a regular basis. Especially since, according to my Malaysian friends, "I don't have a life here" ;-)
 
posted by Arina at 8:48 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 12:50, Blogger Resh-Life will never be the same once you see it from the eyes of a child.

    Hey Arina it's great to see your blog up and running again. Happy to hear that you had a blast ofa time back home. By the way the advice you gave me is all tue so far. Thanks again bythe way for asking your friend to watch outfor me when I first got here. Oh yeah the new suits you very much.(I hop my spellings are right.

     
  • At 15:29, Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice site. What are you going to do when you finish? I hope you took your mum to other parts of our east coast (Qld, NSW, Vic, better than Kelantan & Trengganu plus it is easier to be a Sikh here. If you want to stay after your studies drop me an email at "ausmigration@iprimus.com.au" for a free assessment. Sat Sri Akal. H. Singh, Sydney.

     


hits